Saturday, August 30, 2008

Labor Day Woes...

Labor day weekend here in Gulf Shores is not booming with vacationers as normal due to ol' Gustav. This hurricane is a flash back from the past unfortunatly and I'm not looking forward to hearing about the devestation for the next couple of years! Honestly... I'm worried for my family back home. I'm praying every chance I get that God will keep my home back in Destrehan safe. That's one more headache that my poor mom does not need to be worried with! I just pray that God will show some mercy on New Orleans and the surrounding cities. So far, it's not looking so good, but we'll see.

On a brighter note, Mam-maw, Pap-paw, & Neesie decided to come down for a visit despite the weather fears. This has been Neesie's first time to meet Amelia....and spoil her rotten of course! So if worse comes to worse, we are just going to have a big hurricane party and my house! Amelia has been enjoying all the attention especially the shopping we did today! She got a lot of new clothes for the fall....carter's was having a big sale! She is eagerly trying, every chance she gets, to roll over on her side. It's kinda funny to see her try.

Well, that's been the extent of our weekend so far. I'm off to bed, but before I go, enjoy a few pictures of our little sweetie....dare you not to smile! = )



Amelia has upgraded to "sitting up baths"!!


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like Amelia has had a very busy summer meeting her family. I certainly enjoyed my visit in early July to meet my new grand daughter. I traveled from North Carolina to spend 4 days getting to know her and enjoying all of her smiles. Being in Florida when she arrived, gave me the perfect opportunity to show her she would be the princess for me. I was even able to get her her very own princess outfits (along with a few Poohs I couldn't pass up!). For her nightly reading I purchased the book I Love You This Much so even when I am far away in North Carolina Amelia will know Grandpa Bob loves her very much too.