Thursday, May 21, 2009

The 1st of Many Birthday Blessings

Who knew that one of life's biggest blessings came in the form of tiny fingers and toes. A cute button nose and a smile that is unforgettable! Over the past year, I have realized that the gift of a child is one of life's greatest joys! Yesterday was Amelia's first birthday and it seems like only yesterday I was meeting her face to face for the very first time! I will always cherish that moment. I can't even imagine what life would be like without her in it. This precious baby girl has enriched our lives more than we could have imagined. I never knew my heart had the capacity to love SO much until the day I held her in my arms!

As a little girl my biggest dream was to grow up, get married, and have babies! I wanted to be just like my mom. Giving never-ending love and showing my children how to live a life that pleased God! My mom was the perfect example and for that I am thankful. She instilled in me all the tools that I need to be great mom! (Although, I still have a long way to go). So let this be a birthday promise to you, Amelia.


I, your mommy, promise to love you and smother you with hugs and kisses everyday.
I promise to sing to you and pray over you every night before you go to sleep.
As you get older, I promise, to fix your hair just like mine and let you borrow my lipstick and shoes from time to time.
I promise to paint your nails and paint your toes
I promise to always be a shoulder to cry on, an ear to listen, and a hand to hold!
I love you Amelia! Happy 1st Birthday!


Amelia Then...





Amelia Now!

( I started taking pictures as soon as she woke up)


Big girl birthday smile!



3 comments:

Liz Folds said...

Happy Birthday again my sweet granddaughter, Amelia! I don't know what I did without you in my life! I am so blessed to be a "Mimi" and have such an adorable little girl to eventually call me that....lol You are God's precious gift to this family!

Love you bunches,
Mimi

Jena said...

That is the sweetest post ever! She is a very special little girl. :)

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Just blog hopping tonight and enjoyed reading your blog...I am posting on our Disney trip so hope you will stop by. Also, the June giveaway starts today...all comments left in June will be in the drawing for the "June Card Box"! You will have to go down a few posts to read about the monthly giveaway.